Thursday, January 10, 2013

So...what are you saying Dirk?

Dallas Mavericks star forward Dirk Nowitzki is frustrated. Frustrated with the front office's recent free agent failings. Frustrated with his injury. And frustrated with the current state of his team. In an interview that aired before Wednesday's game with the Clippers, Nowitzki stated...and I'm paraphrasing....

I would only leave the Mavericks to chase a ring. But since I have a ring, I think I'll finish my career here in Dallas. But I only have a few good years left and I don't want to play for a mediocre team.

Um...so what exactly are you saying Dirk?

It sounds like you're saying...get me some help this summer or get me outta here. But don't be passive aggressive about it. As comedian Kevin Hart would say...SAY IT WITH'YA CHEST!

Dirk Nowitzki is a local legend on two continents. A multiple all star player, league MVP, and Finals MVP. Dirk has done it all and is a sure fire Hall of Famer. He's earned the right to tell owner Mark Cuban...Look bruh..I'm gonna give you one more summer...if you can't land anybody...waive my no trade clause and ship me out. I'm too old for this.

And no one could blame him.

And Dirk...please don't try to spare the fan's feelings. Because if they were GM, they would ship you out of here for Dwight Howard yesterday. Fans root for the team...as long as we're winning, we don't care who's on the court.

Bottom line Dirk...You only have a small window of leverage left. If you're going to use it...us it with a swagger. SAY IT WITH'YA CHEST!  follow @plcolter


No comments: