Monday, March 12, 2012

Mixed emotions on Titans, Manning talk

A co-worker of mine told me this morning that my beloved Titans want in on the Manning sweepstakes. I immediately thought...why? I thought Jake Locker did a great job in limited time last season. I was actually looking forward to him starting this year. But then I thought....Manning and CJ?!?...oooooh-wee! Wide receiver Kenny Britt will be back, and he is an absolute beast. And Peyton made a living off of some average receivers in Indy. Ok...now I'm on board with Peyton.

On my break I jumped on tennessean.com and saw that Bud Adams went 06' on us and demanded that his staff be on board with this. His direct quote...

" I am 650 miles away (in Houston), but (they) will do what I say to do because that’s the guy I want and I am going to make the decision."

Sounds like Vince Young all over again. Last year the Titans enjoyed their first locker room drama free season in years. The team looked and played better. If you throw Manning on a staff that's not completely on board then you're gonna recreate the same mess we just got out of. Ok...now I don't want Manning. But...

Then I see Adam's quote... "I think he could play for two or three years. I think he’s the guy that could come in and turn this around for us. Followed by....“I want him (Manning) to be with me the rest of his working period of his life, even when he doesn’t want to play anymore,” he said. “I want him to come to work for us as long as he lives.”

Bud Adams is a billionaire who's accomplished everything in life but a super bowl victory. He is also close to 90 years old. Why not take a once in a lifetime chance to attach yourself and your brand to Peyton Manning? He is a champion and the epitome of class. Ok...now I'm back on board with Peyton. follow@plcolter

No comments: