Saturday, March 31, 2012

There's no I in JET

The Dallas Mavericks scored a big win last night in Orlando. A much needed win. Jason Terry's "They don't really care about ME" world tour is not needed, especially for a team that's trying to defend their title. There is no I in team, and there is no I in JET (there isn't even an I in Jason Terry but you get the picture). The Mavericks need their vocal leader to lead right now, and not think about himself.

Last year the Mavs won it all because they played as a team and had unbelievable chemistry. Jason Terry was a huge part of that. I also liked they way he called out the Heat, and backed it up. He used his gift of gab to unite and motivate his team. That was then. Now he's becoming a distraction by whining and complaining about his contract...HIS contract. When I heard him say that we would love to play for Miami just prior to their game against the Heat, I immediately thought of one thing. That girl (or guy) that dates your friend or cousin after you dump them. So obvious and cliche. Terry was reaching on that one, and went out and stunk up the joint that night.

I get it Jet, I would be upset too if the team that I poured blood, sweat, and tears out for could look the other way when it came time to take care of me and my family. I totally get it. I even agree that he should be upset. I completely disagree with the tactics though, especially during a playoff run. Let's not forget the Mavericks are STILL the champs until someone knocks them off, anything can happen.

Turning the attention to your contract status at this important time is selfish and disrespectful to the other teammates that may face similar uncertainty this summer. It could be worse Jet, you could have been traded to the Charlotte Bobcats. At least you can call your own shot as a free agent. I am also sure that Roddy B would trade places with Jet's contract situation to have his father back...but I digress. follow @plcolter

No comments: